Monday, October 27, 2008

Google Earth

Oh technology today, isn't it grand? Below you will see where Chase's house is located in Mozambique, it is fairly remote. The school he teaches at is the white building just to the left of his house. I can't wait to see it in real life, play in the dirt streets, and sleep with rats crawling around at nights. I don't know what will happen when they turn off the water pump at his place. I guess I should probably practice balancing a heavy, sloshing bucket on my head just in case.


Put in the following coordinates in the search box on Google Earth to see where the house is located:
-23°52'54.87", 35°13'46.49"

To download Google Earth for free visit: earth.google.com


5 comments:

brit said...

I love Google earth. I can't believe you are going to be sleeping in Mozambique soon. I am so jealous. There are like no rats at my house.

Emperor said...

We try to keep the rats outside, and not in the house.

I admire you're willingness to venture into, at least to me, is an unknown land. I'd be worried about all the changes - food, cleanliness, traveling, overly large rodents and insects. Living your adventures vicariously will be fine with me.

brit said...

Actually, it turns out there is at least one rat/mouse type animal in my house. I jinxed myself.

Shackleton said...

A rat at your house ehh, can't you hire a young neighbor boy to exterminate it like you do for your lawn clippings? Good luck with that.

brit said...

Something about the way you said a "young neighbor boy" gave me the willies.

Wait, I can't really hear you, so that means the way I said "young neighbor boy" in my own head gave me the willies. I need therapy.