Wednesday, October 8, 2008

3 weeks out

I am three weeks out from "The Great African Odyssey." I will be on the African continent for four months, end of October, 2008 to first of March, 2009. I don't like to have much of an itinerary when I travel internationally so I can enjoy living in the moment and not focus on the next site or leg of the trip. But a few items I am considering are to hike Mt. Kilimanjaro, get scuba certified, pick up a little of the Portuguese language, and strum a few cords on the guitar. I will be spending most of my time with my good friend Chase, a very generous fellow, that is serving as a volunteer with the US Peace Corps in Mozambique teaching in a school at a local village.

I will use this blog to post some thoughts and photos from the journey. This odyssey will be a time for self reflection that is necessary for me. Several personal growth opportunities through mental and physical challenges are in order.

1 comment:

brit said...

I am Oh-so excited to follow your blog. I will be your biggest fan!